How To Keep Beetles Away From Your Anna, TX Property
Common Beetles In Anna, TX
The most common type of beetles in Anna include cigarette beetles and a variety of carpet beetles. If you see beetles in your Texas home or business, chances are they are one of the following varieties.
- Cigarette Beetles: These beetles are oval-shaped with a humpback appearance. Their larvae are wormlike and creamy white. As their name suggests, cigarette beetles eat tobacco products, but they also feed on leather and a wide variety of food, including cereal, pasta, and pet food.
- Black Carpet Beetles: These beetles are black or reddish-brown and covered in short hairs. They have six legs, short antennas and are the most destructive common beetle in the United States. They are often found in kitchens, storage areas, and carpets and feed on anything, including leather, wool, and dead insects.
- Varied Carpet Beetles: These are tiny beetles at less than 1/8 of an inch in length and have an oval body with a black base layer covered with varied tan, yellow, and white colorings on their thorax and wing covers. Like black carpet beetles, they feed mainly on fabrics and animal by-products.
- Furniture Carpet Beetles: These beetles are more round in shape but are also black with yellow and white mottling. Their larvae are oval-shaped and covered with long brown hairs. They are the most common pest that thrives in upholstered furniture and are most prevalent across the Southern United States.
Problems Beetles Cause In Anna, TX Homes
Beetles are mainly outdoor pests living on plant nectar and pollen, but they will venture inside in search of food, to escape harsh weather conditions, or simply because they are drawn to outdoor lighting. Once inside, beetles tend to be found in basements and storage areas, as well as kitchens and pantries. Tiny beetles in your home can cause some big issues, including damage to furniture or fabrics and food contamination. Additionally, the shed skins and excrement of beetles can trigger allergic reactions for some people.
Tips For Avoiding Beetles In Anna
As with all pests, preventing beetles in the first place is far easier than eliminating them once they’ve established a population in your home. To prevent beetles from becoming a problem, try implementing the following prevention tips.
- Replace outdoor bulbs with yellow lights or LED bulbs that are less attractive to beetles and other pests.
- Install weather stripping and seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors.
- Keep screens in good condition and repair rips or tears as they occur.
- Vacuum and dust regularly.
- Check dry goods for beetles or their larvae before bringing them into your home.
- Store fabric in pest-proof containers.
If you're looking for tips to keep beetles out and a plan to eliminate them, look no further than the experts at EcoArmor Pest Defense. Our team of professionals will develop a comprehensive plan to get rid of your current beetle problem and prevent future infestations.
EcoArmor Pest Defense - The Best Defense Against Beetles In Anna
While DIY preventive measures are helpful, they are no guarantee against a beetle infestation. If beetles make their way into your Anna home, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at EcoArmor Pest Defense. We offer a range of home pest control and commercial pest control options with your needs in mind and can even offer free inspections and same-day services. Call today to learn more about how we can keep beetles out of your Anna home or business.