Why Spiders Invade McKinney Homes And How To Keep Them Out
April 30, 2023
Spiders number among the many pests that McKinney homeowners may have to face, and can be unsettling to homeowners. They can be fear-provoking to some, and some dangerous spiders can deliver venomous bites if threatened or molested. Accidental encounters can end badly for you or your family members. Spiders are solitary pests and are highly industrious. Because of this, spider infestations can be difficult to control and are prone to return.
If you need pest control in McKinney, EcoArmor Pest Defense can help. Our seasoned technicians have a long history of successfully removing pests from McKinney homes and we can help you. Call us today.
Spiders Are Not Insects But Arachnids
Spiders are arachnids and are members of the same family that includes scorpions, mites, and ticks. They are not classified as insects, but they are often found in areas that have insects. This is because insects serve as a food source for spiders, and anywhere insects go spiders are sure to follow. Spiders are difficult to address via DIY pest control methods. Spiders hunt as individuals, and DIY pest control methods may get some of the spiders. However, these methods won’t get all of them and can’t prevent spiders from returning.
There are many different types of spiders, but there's only one company you need to call in order to get rid of them. EcoArmor Pest Defense can help you with spiders. Get in touch with us today to see what we can do for you.
Why Spiders Invade Homes
Spiders are carnivores. They do not feed on plants or nectar, instead getting their meals by eating other insects. Spiders travel about their environment while hunting for prey and situate themselves close to where other insect pests tend to congregate. If you are seeing spiders in your home, understand that they are there because other insect pests are there too. In fact, spiders are a good sign that you may have an infestation by other pests.
Common house spiders will come into your home in pursuit of other pests. If you are struggling with pests in your home, including spiders, EcoArmor Pest Defense can help. Contact us today.
Five No-Sweat Spider Prevention Tips For Around The House
Given that spiders can cause problems around your home and yard, here are some ways to decrease your chances of having to deal with them:
- Outside lighting: Be careful how much outside lighting you use at night. Lights can draw various pests, and this can entice spiders to come after them. Minimize outside lighting to decrease the chances of drawing pests and spiders.
- Seal garbage: Exposed garbage can draw pests of all kinds, and spiders will establish themselves nearby in order to feed on them.
- Eliminate clutter around your home: Pests love exploring and hiding in clutter. Spiders will come to hunt them for food. Eliminating clutter can help control both pests and spiders.
- Seal your home: Sealing your home is a great way to decrease the ability of spiders to exploit openings in your home and subsequently keep them out.
- Eliminate moisture buildup: pests love moist environments, and spiders love to feast on pests.
EcoArmor Pest Defense professionals know how to get rid of spiders and we can help you get them away from your home. Contact us today and let us help you with your spider problem.
The Secret To Total Spider Control In McKinney
Effective spider control requires extensive knowledge of spider habits and behaviors and experience with eliminating spiders. Generic DIY pest control efforts can not only allow spiders to survive but can allow them to rebuild their numbers afterward. If you are struggling with spiders on your McKinney property, call EcoArmor Pest Defense. Our seasoned professionals can help you with any pest infestation, including spiders. We know how to keep spiders away.