Do You Suspect You Have A Termite Infestation In McKinney?
As homeowners, there is a seemingly never-ending list of things we need to do to maintain our home. However, one thing that many don't think about until it's too late is to secure professional services for pest control in McKinney, TX, and a big reason for this need is because of termites. These are silent pests, and if left uninterrupted long enough, they could not only cost you thousands of dollars in damages to your home, but they could completely compromise its structural integrity as well. Read on to learn how to identify signs of termites and how EcoArmor Pest Control can help your home become termite-free today!
What Do Termites Look Like?
There are many insects that look like termites but aren't, so it's important to know what they actually look like in case you run into one. While it's rare to see termites out and about in the light, if they are, they are usually in swarms. Swarms consist of many individual termites, typically white to brown in color, with almost hourglass-shaped bodies. Some have wings; others do not. If you are unsure of what type of insect you see in your home, give the experts at EcoArmor Pest Control a call and get your termite inspection scheduled today!
What Is The Best Way To Identify Termite Damage
One of the reasons professional pest control in McKinney is so important is because termites and the damage they cause are very difficult to spot, especially to the untrained eye. It's also why termites can cause so much damage; people don't realize they have an infestation until it's too late.
Below are some indications to watch for:
- Stuck windows or doors: If any of your windows or doors feel 'stuck' and have difficulty opening, this could be a sign that you need to schedule a termite inspection as soon as possible.
- Droppings: Wherever there are termites, there will be droppings as well. These are tiny and usually dark in color, and you will also probably notice a little pinpoint hole in the wall near where you find the droppings.
- Excessively creaky boards: If your floorboards have become overly squeaky, this could also be a sign of termite damage.
- Mud tubes: If you find pencil-sized tubes of mud attached to your house and a termite food source, such as a bush, this is a sign that you have subterranean termites.
Whether you have subterranean termites or drywood termites, they both are capable of causing severe damage to your home. If you are worried about your house, give us a call.
Is There A Way To Prevent Termites For Good?
While a professional technician at EcoArmor Pest Control can help you implement prevention strategies unique to your situation, there are some general things you can do to prevent termites in McKinney.
- A termite infestation usually starts with termites setting up shop in the organic debris in your yard, such as logs and stumps. Clear these out regularly to keep termites from coming near your property.
- If there are other wooden structures around your house, try moving them further away, like a shed or barn.
- If your porch is made of wood, try painting it to help deter termites from chewing on it, as they usually will graduate to your house after.
At EcoArmor Pest Control, our McKinney termite control technicians can help you figure out what you need to do to prevent termites in your specific scenario. We understand that treatment looks different for everyone.
Professional Termite Control In McKinney
EcoArmor Pest Control has been serving the residents of McKinney, TX, for nearly ten years. During this time, we have developed a robust formula for identifying termite infestations and then effectively exterminating entire swarms, ensuring they do not return. Our expert technicians have advanced training to understand the behavior of termites, identify their damage, and utilize our advanced treatments and tools to eliminate them safely.
In addition to ongoing services to prevent termite infestations, we also provide 24-hour emergency pest control services. If you are worried about termite, give us a call today for help and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McKinney.