Ants Can Cause Major Problems In Your Anna Home
Most likely, you have experienced a few ants in your home. Or possibly, you currently have an infestation in your Anna home and are looking for ant pest control options.
If you are compelled to purchase expensive over-the-counter sprays and baits, hold off until you hear what local pest control experts have to say about ants in the area and what the best pest control services in Anna are.
Which Ant Is The Most Dangerous Ant In Anna?
The most dangerous ants in Anna, Texas, are fire ants. While carpenter ants cause property damage, fire ant bites can be life-threatening for people that are allergic to this pest's venom.
Fire ants are about 1/8 to 3/8 of an inch long with a dark red to black coloring. You do not want to have this species anywhere on a residential property.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Anna House
Most ant species are a nuisance, but nuisance species can contaminate food, making people sick. However, this might not seem as bad as the threats posed by carpenter ants and fire ants.
- Carpenter ants are wood-destroying pests, and while they are not as destructive as termites, they can still cause dangerous damage to a home's structure. Also, carpenter ants on a property can indicate water damage, which is structurally dangerous and a health concern.
- Fire ants are an invasive species that not only puts a strain on local ecosystems but is dangerous to people and animals. Fire ant bites are painful, causing a burning sensation and swelling. Because fire ants are a social species, they will swarm, attacking in large numbers, if they feel threatened. This can be especially dangerous for animals, children, and people with weakened immune systems.
Ants Are Attracted To These Factors In Your Anna Home
If you want to stop attracting ants to your Anna home, you should do the following:
- Seal entry points along the roofline, foundation, and exterior walls.
- Make sure trees and foliage are not touching your home.
- Remove water-damaged wood.
- Fix any leaks and address other moisture issues such as high humidity.
- Keep your home clear of food debris.
- Properly store open food and produce.
- Remove garbage regularly and rinse out any recycling and food containers.
While prevention is essential, it is not 100% effective in keeping ants out. This is at no fault of your own but is due to this pest's opportunistic nature. Because of this, you should know that professional pest control is your best option to protect yourself and your family from the ants in Texas.
The Best Way To Protect Your Anna Home From Ants
Although many do-it-yourself (DIY) ant pest control methods such as baits and sprays are available, they are not as effective as we like to believe they are. This is because many variables need to be considered when removing ants, such as colony size and how they are getting inside.
The best way to protect your Anna home from ants in Texas is with professional pest control. EcoArmor Pest Defense offers ant control solutions with specialized treatments for dangerous species like fire ants.
EcoArmor Pest Defense is a local, veteran-owned, and operated company dedicated to providing the safest and most effective pest control solutions to Texas residents. With our knowledge and expertise, you can have an ant-free property.
Give us a call today at EcoArmor Pest Defense to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Anna.