All The Ways You Attract The Mosquitoes In Anna, TX
August 27, 2021
No matter what you do, it might seem like mosquitoes just won’t leave you alone. This is because citronella candles, torches, and bug sprays don’t get to the root of the problem but rather put a bandage on a larger problem. Mosquitoes can thrive in Texas because of the high humidity making residents easy targets for these blood-drinking parasites. These tiny flying insects have six fragile legs, straw-like mouths, and slender bodies. Although they are small, they are known as the most dangerous animal in the world as vectors of dangerous diseases. These diseases include malaria, encephalitis, dengue, West Nile virus, and many more.
As an Anna, TX resident, you should know how you might be making yourself more attractive to mosquitoes and who you should call if this pest is overwhelming your property. Keeping reading to find out how you can protect yourself against these dangerous insects that can be found right in your backyard.
How People Attract Mosquitoes In Anna
No one goes out looking to be bitten by mosquitoes, but some people are more susceptible to them than others. This is due to both factors that can and cannot be controlled. Those that can’t be controlled include having type O blood, being pregnant, producing more CO2, and being prone to sweating more.
The factors you can control include:
- Wearing dark clothing makes you more attractive to mosquitoes. Instead, wear light-colored, tight-knit clothes.
- Although some people naturally produce more CO2 than others, certain drinks can make it worse. Avoiding alcohol, especially beer, and soda can help make you less attractive.
- If you have been sweating, it is best to change clothes, shower, and cool off before going outside.
You can also avoid mosquitoes by doing the following:
- Limiting your time outside to the afternoon. Mosquitoes are most active between dusk and dawn as they can’t survive in bright sunlight.
- Avoiding areas with high moisture, standing water, and a lot of shade. These areas are likely to have higher populations of mosquitoes.
- And of course, you can use but natural and chemical repellants as an extra layer of protection.
However, if you do all the above and find that mosquitoes are still bugging you, professional pest control is the way to go. There are many factors on your property that might be enticing to mosquitoes, allowing them to breed.
How Professionals Can Control Mosquitos In Anna
The best form of mosquito control is with professional assistance. If you are tired of dealing with mosquitoes in Anna, Texas, contact EcoArmor Pest Defense. Our team of experts brings the highest quality of products, treatments, and prevention measures to Anna homeowners. With our knowledge of local mosquito populations, we can assist you in reducing them on your property, keeping you and your family safe from this dangerous pest.
Our mosquito reduction program consists of monthly treatments during prime mosquito months, between March and October. A fully trained and licensed technician will perform a thorough inspection of your property to fully understand conducive conditions that may allow mosquitoes to breed. They will then apply a larvicide to get rid of eggs and larvae. Breaking the breeding cycle is essential to eliminate this pest, and once the larvicide is applied, an adulticide will be used to get rid of the matured mosquitoes.
This reduction plan includes priority scheduling and free re-services to ensure a mosquito-free home. Don’t wait; contact us at EcoArmor Pest Defense to help you get back to enjoying the outdoors.