Stinging Insect Identification & Prevention
Get A Free Quote Today!
Get started with a free, no obligation quote.
What are stinging insects?
Stinging insects are common pests we contact in our yards and outdoor spaces; we spend a lot of time in wooded areas, parks, fields, ponds, and lakes.
Though stinging insects are vital to the environment, ensuring that plants and crops get pollinated (and some species produce honey), they are unwanted pests when they decide to nest in our yards.
Stinging insects are grouped together because they all have a stinger extending from their back end. They use this stinger to defend themselves, and some like wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets use their stinger to paralyze prey.
Stinging insects that live throughout Texas include:
Are stinging insects dangerous?
If you or a family member is allergic to stinging insect venom, having these pests living or foraging for food in your yard is extremely dangerous. Depending on the severity of the allergy or the number of stings received, stinging insect venom can cause a life-threatening reaction.
Other problems stinging insects cause when in our indoor and outdoor spaces include:
- Making you feel nervous when trying to spend time in your yard because of their ability to deliver painful stings.
- Building nests in less-than-ideal spaces like play structures, under grills, on deck rails, and inside wall voids.
- Indoor nests that have been abandoned and are decaying will cause mold and fungus to develop behind your home’s walls.
Why do I have a stinging insect problem?
Unfortunately, there are many things that we store and grow in our outdoor spaces that attract stinging insects.
Flower beds, gardens, and fruit trees are common places where stinging insects forage for food. Other foraging sites include trash cans, recycling bins, and outdoor eating areas.
Water sources like clogged gutters, dripping hoses, and containers collecting rainwater will also attract stinging insects to a property.
Where will I find stinging insects?
Stinging insects like to build their nests in shelters near food and water sources. What makes stinging insects so tricky to control and prevent is their ability to build nests in so many different places — in our yards, outside of buildings, or our homes.
Popular places for stinging insects to nest include:
- Under roof eaves and around doorways
- Vents, chimneys, and wall voids
- In crawl spaces
- Under decks and porches
- In trees and shrubs
- Ground holes
- Under logs and fallen trees
How do I get rid of stinging insects?
Don’t let stinging insects take over your Texas yard or home. Get rid of stinging insects with the help of the professionals at EcoArmor Pest Defense. Our 100% guaranteed customized solutions will ensure that your pest problems will be solved. We are proud to go above and beyond for our customers, ensuring that your family and property are protected from stinging insects and our area’s other toughest pests. If you live in McKinney, TX, or surrounding areas and want to learn more about our effective pest control services, reach out to us today. We’re here to help!
How can I prevent stinging insects in the future?
Protect your Texas home and property from stinging insects with the help of EcoArmor Pest Defense’s professional pest control services and our easy-to-implement prevention tips:
- Place lids on trash cans to keep food odors from attracting stinging insects to your yard.
- Trim trees and shrubs back that have grown too close to the exterior of your home.
- Ensure screens are intact, install a cap on the chimney, and repair damaged roof shingles and siding.
- Remove water sources by fixing clogged gutters, storing containers that collect water upside down, and repairing leaking outdoor fixtures.
- Remove fallen trees, tree stumps, excess woodpiles, and the like from your yard that stinging insects could create a nest within.
Let's Get Started
Get A Quote Today!
Our certified pest experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. Simply fill out this form for a free, no-obligation estimate.
Latest Blog Articles
A Comprehensive Guide To Rodent Infestation And Effective Control Strategies In McKinney
Creatures such as mice, rats, and squirrels, are rodents that belong to the order Rodentia, which is the largest single category of mammals.
Managing Beetle Infestations In Anna
Are beetles a threat to your Anna home? Learn about the common species, the problems they cause, and how EcoArmor Pest Defense can protect your property.
Top Strategies For Swift Bed Bug Control In Anna
Do you think bed bugs are in your Anna home? Learn how EcoArmor Pest Defense can help you identify, prevent, and remove bed bugs.