Fleas Can Cause Major Problems In Anna
When it comes to pests, fleas are one of the tiniest. Without magnification, this pest looks like tiny black specks. Although this is the case, fleas can still cause significant problems in any home, including increasing stress for people and pets.
Below, you can read about the best way to get rid of fleas and how to keep you and your pets safe and happy!
How To Tell If It's Fleas In Your Anna Home
If you are worried that you might have fleas in your home, you can look for the following signs:
- A pet's demeanor has changed; they are more restless than usual.
- Your pet is scratching a lot more than usual.
- There are flea bites, which look like tiny red dots in small groups on your pet or around your feet or ankles.
- You see tiny dark specks on your pet, carpeting, or furniture.
- Take a walk across a room with white socks on to check for fleas.
If you have a pet in your home, you should have them on a flea preventative and check them regularly for parasites. Not only will this help to keep pests out of your home, but it will keep your pet safe, healthy, and comfortable.
The Dangers Fleas Bring To Anna Homes
Fleas are external parasites, which means they need a host to survive. These parasites live on warm-blooded hosts to feed. It is commonly known that animals like cats and dogs are susceptible to this pest, but did you know humans can be a host too?
With flea bites, there is a possibility they can spread diseases such as typhoid fever and cat-scratch disease. If eaten, fleas can cause tapeworms.
Why Fleas Come Into Anna Homes
Fleas can come into homes for numerous reasons. The most obvious is if a household has a pet and that pet has fleas. However, as mentioned above, fleas can happen in homes without pets. In these cases, this pest is often brought in by another pest. Rodents and wildlife are common culprits of spreading fleas, which is why it is important to keep these animals off your property and out of your home.
If there are signs of fleas in your home, you should seek professional assistance for flea control. While there are many store-bought products you can use, nothing is as effective as professional methods. Plus, pest control experts can help get to the root of the problem, so there is little chance of re-infestation.
How To Get Rid Of Fleas And Keep Them Out In Anna
The best way to get rid of fleas is with professional pest control services. Anna homeowners can rely on EcoArmor Pest Defense to inspect and treat pests like fleas. We offer customizable control plans like our Quarterly Pest Protection Plan and our Eco-Friendly Pest Protection Program.
Once you are set up with the services you need, you will have year-round protection for fleas and other pests that try to get inside your home.
Along with our pest control services, we recommend you do the following:
- Deter wildlife from your yard by installing fencing, removing bird feeders, and keeping your garbage cans secure.
- Remove organic debris from your yard, such as leaf piles, as they can provide fleas with the shade and moisture they need to reproduce and mature.
- Vacuum your home, especially around pet bedding and where they spend most of their time.
- Thoroughly clean any second-hand items before you bring them into your home.
Give us a call at EcoArmor Pest Defense to discuss your options for commercial pest control.