What To Do If You Think You Have Bed Bugs In Your Melissa Home
If you're concerned about having bed bugs in your home, consider calling a Melissa pest control company like EcoArmor Pest Defense. Our highly-trained technicians have learned how to look for bed bugs, treat the infestation, and bring you peace of mind.
How Can I Tell If It's Bed Bugs In My Home?
There are a few different ways to tell if you have bed bugs in your Melissa home:
- You see dark red, brown, or black spots on your mattress or box spring where bed bugs have defecated.
- You notice small pearly eggs in the seams of your mattress.
- You discover shed exoskeletons that bed bugs leave behind as they molt.
- You find small yellow or tan nymphs – young bed bugs – on your mattress or box spring.
- You spot full-grown bed bugs, which are about ¼ inch long, brown, oval, and very flat – unless they've fed recently, in which case they're longer and rounder.
- You get bed bug bites in a row or a tight grouping of three or four bites.
- You smell a sweet, musty odor, almost like rotten cinnamon.
Once you determine that you have bed bugs, you need to learn how to get rid of bed bugs. The simple solution is to call EcoArmor Pest Defense for help. 76% of pest control professionals believe bed bugs are the most difficult pest to manage. Don't try to go it alone – our service professionals are waiting to help you.
How Bed Bugs Hitchhike Their Way Into Our Homes
Since they can't fly and don't walk very fast, bed bugs are the ultimate hitchhikers. They climb onto shoes, clothes, bags, or belongings and catch a ride to wherever they go next. You can find bed bugs just about anywhere people congregate, including churches, schools, daycare centers, retail stores, offices, public transportation, hotels, college dorms, nursing homes, movie theaters, hospitals, libraries, and restaurants.
If you find them in your home, you need professional bed bug control in Melissa to get them out of your house for good.
Simple Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs From Coming Into Your Home
There are several ways you can prevent bed bugs from coming into your house, including:
- Check potential furniture purchases for bed bug signs before you buy – for both new and used furniture. Bed bugs aren't picky about where they hide.
- Don't put bags, backpacks, briefcases, or purses on your bed, couch, or other furniture when traveling without carefully checking for bed bugs first.
- When traveling, inspect your hotel room bedding, furniture, and the luggage valet for signs of bed bug activity. Keep your suitcases off the beds, and check them for bed bugs before unpacking.
- In an apartment building, seal all the cracks and crevices around plumbing and wiring to help prevent bed bugs from traveling from other apartments into yours.
- If you think you've come into contact with bed bugs, immediately wash your clothes in the hottest water, then dry them on high heat for at least 30 minutes. For items that can't be laundered, such as your shoes or purse, put them in the dryer on the highest heat they can handle for 30 minutes or more. Bed bugs can't survive temps above 122° F. If you can't wash your clothes immediately, seal them in a plastic bag until you can.
Now that you know a few prevention tips, it's time to learn how to get rid of bed bugs permanently.
What You Should Do If You Find Bed Bugs In Your Home
If you find that you have them in your home, you need bed bug control services in Melissa. EcoArmor Pest Defense has a team of certified, licensed, highly-trained service professionals who know how to fight against these annoying pests. Call us today to get your free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Melissa.