How To Kill Off The Spider Population In And Around Your Mckinney Home
Spiders in McKinney are creepy, crawly, and often feared by homeowners. But how much do you actually know about these arachnids? While spiders can be a huge nuisance and even pose some health risks, most spiders aren't harmful to humans. However, if you're looking to get rid of spiders in and around your McKinney home, look no further. EcoArmor Pest Defense will offer some interesting facts about spiders, debunk a few myths, and discuss how to eradicate these pests for good with McKinney pest control.
Five Strange But True Spider Facts
Here are five strange but true facts about spiders that may just surprise you to learn:
- Most spiders are harmless to humans and are actually beneficial because they help control the population of harmful insects.
- Some spiders can live up to 20 years, while others only live for about a year.
- Spiders typically eat insects, but some larger spiders have been known to eat small mammals and birds.
- Spiders have very good eyesight and can see in color.
- Spiders can produce silk that is stronger than steel.
Now that you know a little bit more about these eight-legged creatures, let's move on to why they build webs around your home.
Why Do Spiders Build Webs?
Spiders build webs for a few reasons. The first is to help them catch prey. The web acts as a net, trapping insects and small animals that get tangled in it. Another reason is to protect the spider's eggs. The web acts as a barrier between the eggs and potential predators. Spiders also build webs as a way to communicate with other spiders. They do this by leaving chemical trails on their webs, which other spiders can follow.
When it comes to home defense for spiders, the best thing you can do when you see a web is to vacuum them up and dispose of them. You can also get rid of spiders naturally by using essential oils such as peppermint, lavender, and citronella. Simply mix a few drops of oil with water in a spray bottle and spritz the solution around your home, inside and out. However, if you have a spider problem that's out of control, it's time to call in a professional service like EcoArmor Pest Defense.
Some Commonly Told Spider Myths
Now that we've gone over some facts about spiders, it's time to debunk some myths. You may have heard some of these before and not realized they were false:
- Spiders are attracted to dirty homes: This is a myth. Spiders are actually attracted to warm places with lots of insects, which is why they often end up in homes.
- All spiders can harm humans: Only a few kinds of spiders, like black widow spiders, are venomous to humans. And of those, only a handful are spiders that can kill you with their bites.
- Spiders are attracted to light: Spiders are nocturnal creatures that are attracted to darkness, not light.
Spiders can be fascinating creatures and are important to the environment. When it comes to your home, however, they can become a nuisance. Additionally, spiders are predators that can indicate the presence of other pests. If you've been seeing spiders all over your McKinney home, EcoArmor Pest Defense can help.
Total Spider Control For McKinney Homeowners
EcoArmor Pest Defense offers a comprehensive approach to McKinney spider control and extermination. Since 2013, we've gone above and beyond for our customers and treated your home like our own. We will work with you to create a customized home pest control plan that fits your specific needs and gets rid of your spider problem for good. Contact us today for help with spiders and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McKinney.