How To Get Rid Of Pavement Ants On My Anna Property
The closer an ant colony is to your home, the more likely the chances of them finding their way indoors. Keeping this in mind, no ant builds closer to homes than pavement ants. These pests love constructing their nests along foundational blocks, driveways, patios, and other paved areas. If you have been noticing small ants inside your home recently, these pests could be the culprit. Learn more about our pest control services in Anna and how you can identify and get rid of pavement ants from your property.
Identifying Pavement Ants
Pavement ants themselves do not look much different from other area ant species. They are ?” long and dark brown to black in color. The thing that sets these pests apart is where they build their nests. We recommend going outside and taking a closer look at paved areas around your property. If you see mounds of dirt along the edges of pavement near cracks and crevices, there is a good chance it’s pavement ants you are dealing with.
Do Pavement Ants Live Inside Homes?
Although pavement ants prefer to live outdoors, they will build nests inside homes from time to time. Negative conditions outdoors such as heat, cold, or otherwise inclement weather might push these pests to shelter within your living areas.
Are Pavement Ants Dangerous?
Pavement ants in Anna are as dangerous as the places they reside and the things they eat. If these pests are crawling through trash on your property or feeding on dead animals on your property, they could be picking up dangerous disease-causing organisms. They might then spread these sickness vectors throughout your home and onto left-out and stored foods.
Some Strategies To Prevent Pavement Ants
There are two sides to pavement ant control prevention and elimination. Prevention is used before these pests find their way into living areas.
To help prevent pavement ants around your Anna property, try these helpful strategies:
- Create a dry zone around your home’s exterior by trimming grass, cutting back bushes and trees, and removing mulch.
- Invest in door sweeps if you haven’t already for your exterior doors.
- Make sure your home’s weatherstripping is in good working condition.
- Repair damage to your home’s exterior walls that might allow ants an easy way indoors.
- Fill in holes, gaps, and cracks in your home’s exterior foundation.
- Address damage to window and door screens.
- Thoroughly clean your living areas and do your best to keep things clean and tidy.
- Store leftovers after meals inside glass, metal, or plastic containers.
- Clean out your pet’s food and water bowls after every meal.
- Repair leaky piping and fixtures inside and around your home.
- Eliminate sources of water build-up around your yard.
- Use a dehumidifier indoors to keep moisture levels down.
What You Should Do To Eliminate Pavement Ants
There are two ways to address ant infestations. The first is to eliminate all ant invaders using a cleaning spray that contains bleach and then thoroughly washing floors and countertops to remove pheromone trails. This, however, is only a short-term solution and should only be used until an Anna home pest control professional can pay a visit to your home.
For effective ant control you can trust, let the experts at EcoArmor Pest Defense come to your aid. Our services do not just put a bandaid on the problem; they put in place lasting defenses to keep pests like pavement ants outside where they belong.
Contact our team today to have your property inspected for pavement ants and find a long-term solution to keep these pests away with our effective residential and commercial pest control services in Anna.