How To Deal With A Rodent Infestation In Anna
February 10, 2023
Of all the pests that can invade your home, rodents are among the most dangerous, alongside cockroaches and other unhygienic scavengers. One reason is that they are effective vectors of diseases like salmonella, which they spread through their feces, urine, and more. If you have spotted rodents in your home, it is time to learn some of their most common characteristics, understand why rodents are a problem in houses, and try four practical rodent exclusion tips that work. If you are struggling with an infestation, EcoArmor Pest Defense provides pest control in Anna to make your home a safe place year-round.
Characteristics Of Common Rodents
While rodents can seem inoffensive, they can cause various significant problems if they manage to come indoors. Generally, the wild rodents that tend to invade homes are furry social animals that raise their young as part of a colony. The solitary ones, like chipmunks, are usually found outdoors rather than indoors. Other common rodents' characteristics include their need to chew on hard surfaces to keep their teeth trimmed, a long tail that is hairless and scaly in rats, skinny and covered in fine hair in mice, and bushy in squirrels. If you have seen them in your home, read on to understand why they can cause various significant issues.
Why Rodents Are A Problem Inside Anna Homes
Texas rodents are a problem in homes for many reasons, including the following:
- Rodents cause property damage: Rodents need to chew to keep their teeth trimmed, and they routinely dig out tunnels where they will raise their young.
- Rodents spread dangerous pathogens: Some diseases rodents can transmit include the hantavirus, leptospira, tularemia, and salmonella, which can make you and your household quite sick.
- Rodents can be aggressive: While many rodents will try to stay away as much as possible, rats, especially large ones, can attack people to defend their nest or access food.
If you've dealt with a rodent infestation or wish to prevent one from happening, you will want to try the following four practical rodent exclusion tips around your home.
Four Practical Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
To get rid of rodents and keep them out of your home, you can try the following four practical exclusion tips that pest control companies commonly use for their effectiveness:
- Seal cracks in walls and foundations: You might need to look behind bushes and move soil around to see them, but cracks in walls and foundations are common rodent entry points.
- Keep doors and windows closed: Rodents can come in quickly when doors and windows are left open. If you must open them, using door sweeps and fine-mesh screens can help keep pests out.
- Repair your roof if needed: Some rodents, like roof rats and squirrels, will come in quickly through damaged roof areas. Keeping them and attics well maintained gives you a better chance at preventing rodent infestations.
- Trim bushes and trees: Bushes make great hiding spots for rodents where they can reproduce, and overhanging tree branches are a convenient way for these little invaders to get closer to the structure of your home. By trimming them regularly, you can keep the number of rodents on your property to a minimum.
When exclusion tips are not enough, it is time to try more effective rodent control strategies.
Professional Rodent Control Is The Best Solution
The best way to get rid of rodents is to enlist the expertise of a professional pest control company. At EcoArmor Pest Defense, we have a couple of decades of experience in the industry and know how to deal with different types of rodents local to the Texas area. This is especially important in the case of mice and rats because they are unlikely to go away on their own once they have established a colony and can be difficult to exterminate due to how fast they can reproduce. Fortunately, we have the tool you need to get rid of them. Contact us today for a free quote or to schedule your initial inspection, and we will help you exterminate them safely and effectively.
Rodents are potentially dangerous pests that can take over an entire property in very little time. Our team of licensed service professionals can eliminate them and prevent them from coming back with the best rodent control in Anna based on thousands of five-star reviews from satisfied customers.