How Do I Keep These Loud Crickets Away From My McKinney Home?
We have all been kept up at night by cricket songs. These loud, distinctive calls are often compared to the sound of a violin, and while it may be nice to listen to every now and then, having a cricket infestation in your yard (or in your home) can quickly turn cricket songs from a calming violin serenade to an obnoxious pest. Read on to learn why professional pest control in McKinney helps keep loud crickets away from your house and how EcoArmor Pest Defense can help you be cricket-free today!
Why Are The Crickets In McKinney So Loud?
Why is the cricket so loud to begin with? It is loud because of how they evolved — to make the loudest, clearest sound possible to attract a mate. This sound is created when the cricket conducts a process called stridulation. They rub certain body parts together and convert mechanical energy into sound energy by squeezing it into the air in a more mechanically efficient manner than pushing it.
How Do Crickets Get Inside Homes?
If you are looking to get rid of crickets from your home, it is important to know how they got into your home in the first place. Below are some of the reasons crickets have been able to find a way into your house:
- Outdoor lighting: There are many cricket species, but all of them are attracted to light. If you have bright outdoor lighting set up, this may be what is luring them closer to your home, allowing them to find ways inside.
- Holes in the house: Once crickets are lured to your home, they may gain access through little holes in the siding.
- Torn screens: Another way crickets can get inside is through a torn window and door screen.
- AC lines: If your AC lines have any holes in them, this is another way these pests can slink into your home.
- Open doors: If your front door is left open, or the door from your garage to your home is ajar, crickets will use this opportunity to sneak right through.
If crickets have invaded your home, it might be tempting to try and get rid of them yourself. However, because it is important to know what cricket species you are dealing with, you are better off seeking expert pest control in McKinney because professionals are better equipped to deal with a cricket infestation.
Cricket Prevention Tips for McKinney Residents
While the best thing to do to get rid of crickets in your home is to contact a professional, there are some things you can do now to prevent them from invading in the first place. Below are some quick prevention tips:
- Seal up holes: Go around your home and locate any holes that may be in the siding. No matter how small it is, seal it up — crickets get inside through even the tiniest holes.
- Repair window screens: In addition to sealing holes up in the siding of your home, replace any torn window and door screens as well.
- Yard maintenance: Regularly mow your lawn to keep the grass low and clean, as crickets prefer thick, tangled lawns for shelter.
- Weed gardens: If you have garden beds on your property or up against your house, be sure to weed them often, as crickets like to hang out in the tangles.
A good cricket control technician will work with you to implement prevention strategies to ensure that a cricket infestation will not return.
The Best Way To Prevent Cricket Infestations In McKinney
Here at EcoArmor Pest Defense, our technicians do exactly that! For nearly ten years, we have provided McKinney residents with expert assistance in managing their cricket infestations. Our pest control technicians have the skills and tools required to safely and effectively exterminate cricket infestations in their entirety, and we customize each treatment to suit your specific situation. If crickets keep you up at night, don’t waste your money trying DIY methods found online — give us a call today for help and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McKinney.