How Dangerous Are Ticks In Anna?
It’s likely if you spend time outdoors, you are familiar with the pesky tick. These common pests find their way onto outdoor properties that provide moisture, shade, vegetation, and animal activity. As the weather gets warmer and we are all spending more time outdoors in the beautiful Anna, Texas sun, it is extremely important to educate yourself on the potential harm these common outdoor pests can bring to you and your family.
Problems Associated With Texas Ticks
Did you know ticks are a type of arachnid? Ticks are external parasites with oval-shaped bodies which feed on any warm-blooded animal, human or otherwise. While wingless, ticks have specialized mouthpieces to help best pierce and latch on to their host. A potential host needs to only brush against them for a tick to successfully latch on.
Ticks are definitely a cause for caution. These parasites potentially carry several serious illnesses such as tularemia, Lyme disease, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Small and often difficult to spot, it is critical you remain vigilant about checking for ticks after spending time outdoors for the safety of yourself, your children, and your pets.
Ticks are common in Texas due to our vast wildlife population. This pest may be found in many places outdoors, often in places of high vegetation or shelter. Ticks may be found in densely wooded areas, thick grass, collected organic matter such as leaves, along fence lines, or in woodpiles. When a host passes by, ticks will “hitchhike” to feed and move between hosts.
Getting Rid Of Ticks On Your Anna Property
Considering the potential harm ticks may bring to you or your loved ones, it’s understandable how important it is to regulate the tick population when possible. If you are experiencing a tick problem in your yard, give EcoArmor Pest Defense a call to help ease your worries. We provide year-round protection against ticks to ensure Anna, TX homeowners feel assured their yard is safe.
Luckily, ticks can be mitigated once you know likely habitation locations. In addition to protecting against ticks year-round with EcoArmor Pest Defense, observe the following recommendations to help prevent serious tick concerns on your property in the future:
- Take care to manage overgrowth and sitting organic materials, such as raking and removing leaves and regularly cutting grass to keep it short.
- Prune and maintain shrubs away from your house or structure to avoid moisture build-up in the soil.
- Regularly wash both your pets and their bedding to avoid troublesome hitchhikers making their way into your home.
- Carefully inspect yourself and your children after any substantial amount of time outdoors, especially in areas of high vegetation or overgrowth. Check ankles and exposed low skin in particular. Ticks burrow in the skin and are difficult to remove.
- If you have a tick burrowed in your skin, do not attempt to remove it with your fingers. Use fine-tipped tweezers and grasp the tick as close to the skin’s surface as possible. After removing, sanitize the area.
Education is one of the most helpful tools in combatting the dangers of ticks. With a good dose of vigilance and the help of EcoArmor Pest Defense, you will be back to enjoying Anna, TX’s beautiful outdoors in no time. Not to mention—our residential pest control is environmentally conscious, making for a guilt-free eradication. Your yard is your haven, so let us help you preserve it! Reach out to the experts at Eco Armor Pest Defense today!