Concerned About The Cockroaches In Melissa?
If you're like most people, you may only think about cockroaches in Melissa, TX, when you see one scurrying across the floor or crawling up the wall. Unfortunately, these pests are becoming a growing problem for local homeowners. EcoArmor Pest Defense will discuss some little-known cockroach facts, common problems they cause, how to avoid them, and how to get rid of cockroaches for good with professional pest control in Melissa.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in the world, including in Melissa, TX. They are adaptable and can live in a variety of environments, from tropical forests to urban areas.
Here are some things you may not know about them:
- Cockroaches can live without food for one month, but only water for ten days. This means that if your home has a cockroach problem, cutting off their food supply is not enough; you also need to eliminate sources of water.
- Cockroaches can squeeze into spaces that are less than 1/4 of an inch wide. This means that even if your home is clean, cockroaches can still find their way inside.
- The female cockroach will only mate once, but she can produce up to 800 offspring in her lifetime. This is bad news for homeowners who are dealing with a cockroach infestation.
These pests are both hardy and prolific, which is why it's important to learn how to get rid of cockroaches in your house.
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
Cockroaches in your home are more than just a nuisance; they can also be a health hazard. These pests can contaminate food, spread disease, and trigger allergies and asthma attacks. Cockroaches emit an unpleasant odor that can permeate your home, and their shed skin and droppings can trigger asthma and allergies. Additionally, if you have small children or pets, they may be at risk of accidental poisoning if they eat a cockroach. Don't risk any of these issues; call a professional cockroach exterminator in Melissa today.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
The best way to avoid these pests is to learn how to deter cockroaches from your home in the first place.
Here are some tips:
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home, both inside and out.
- Eliminate sources of food and water. Store food in sealed containers and repair any leaks.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Vacuum regularly and dust to remove cockroach eggs and droppings.
If you suspect a cockroach infestation in your home, contact EcoArmor Pest Defense. We will inspect your home and develop a customized cockroach control plan to get rid of cockroaches for good.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
Here's why hiring a professional exterminator is better than dealing with cockroaches on your own:
- When you try to tackle a cockroach problem on your own, it's difficult to know where to start. A professional exterminator will conduct a thorough inspection of your home and identify all the places cockroaches are hiding.
- Cockroaches are difficult to kill because they can squeeze into tiny spaces and reproduce quickly. A professional exterminator will have the knowledge and experience to eliminate cockroaches quickly and effectively.
- A professional exterminator will also be able to provide preventive treatments to keep cockroaches from coming back. This will save you time and money in the long run.
If you're concerned about the cockroaches in your Melissa home, contact EcoArmor Pest Defense. Since 2013, we've been offering personalized cockroach pest control solutions instead of a blanket approach for every customer. After determining the best option for you, our experienced technicians will use the latest technology and equipment to eliminate the cockroaches in your home. We also offer preventive treatments to keep them from coming back. Call us today to schedule a free estimate and to get started on our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services.