Are The Mice In McKinney Giving You Trouble?
Going into your attic to dig out a precious family heirloom or special photographs, only to find that the mice have chewed through and destroyed it, is one of the worst feelings. On top of just the grossness that one feels upon knowing that rodents have invaded their personal space, mice can pose a significant threat to human health and safety, making professional pest control in McKinney especially important. Read on to learn why over-the-counter mouse traps don't work and how EcoArmor Pest Control can help your home become mouse-free today.
How To Tell If You Have Mice In Your House
If there are mice in your home, there will be some surefire signs that they are present. Below are some of the most common things you will notice if you have a mouse infestation:
- Wherever the mice are, there will be droppings. These are small and dark and can transmit diseases, so be cautious if you stumble upon them.
- Things like hair, shredded paper, and other soft materials will be matted together and used as nesting materials, typically in areas with lots of clutter.
- If there are mice in your walls (a common occurrence), you may hear scratching and rustling noises as they crawl through the walls.
- Mice have teeth that never stop growing, so they must constantly chew things to mitigate that. You will start seeing chew marks on everything they find, including papers, photographs, and wooden materials.
Because of the diseases that rodents can spread through droppings, urine, and nesting material, you must contact a professional to help you deal with the infestation. At EcoArmor Pest Control, our technicians have the training to handle infestations without anyone getting sick.
Why Mouse Traps In Homes Don't Work
Upon finding a mouse in your home, it is a natural reaction to go and buy a ton of mouse traps. However, these over-the-counter tools and treatments for mice are ineffective at dealing with infestations, making professional pest control in McKinney all the more worth the money.
Below are some reasons why these DIY methods don't work:
- Mice are much smarter than we give them credit for. Studies have shown that mice are less likely to go near an object, like a trap, because they are naturally wary of these types of things.
- People generally don't set traps in the right areas. It might make sense to put traps everywhere to the untrained person, but it takes skill to locate exactly where the mice travel and where they are nesting.
- Mice are prolific breeders, so even if your traps manage to kill a few mice, don't get too excited. Mice constantly breed, meaning that there are plenty more hanging around even if you kill some. Mice breed year-round and typically produce 5 to 10 litters a year, with roughly 6 to 8 babies per litter. In just three months, a family of 6 mice can multiply into 60.
Not only are traps useless in the fight against mice, but other things like bait can be dangerous also and ineffective in the long run.
The Most Effective Mouse Control
Effective mouse control in McKinney cannot happen without a professional's knowledge and professional-grade treatments and tools. The most practical use of your money will be the investment of annual professional services that can treat the source of the infestation, not just get rid of a few here and there. Otherwise, the problem will persist, and you will find yourself wasting time and money on products that don't work, and you will find yourself constantly dealing with a new wave of mice.
Natural Prevention Tips To Keep Mice Away
Whether you have an active infestation or are looking for help implementing prevention strategies, the pros at EcoArmor Pest Control are here to help. With nearly ten years of experience dealing with mice here in McKinney, TX, our expert technicians have the training to find the source of a mouse infestation. Utilizing the most advanced tools and methods available on the professional market, they will safely and effectively exterminate your entire infestation. For help preventing mice from ever getting in or help to eliminate an existing infestation, give us a call today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McKinney.